"Sharing writing successes - and rookie mistakes - since 2006"

Friday, September 13, 2024

where you'll find me


Several years away from publishing has done me a favour. It's allowed me to think about where I spend my time.

Time is precious to a writer. Most of us don't do this for a living so there's a balance to be struck between the social and the storytelling, and the dayjob. And you can't tell stories if all you're are doing is talking about writing.
And you can't write about life if you're not living it.

So my social footprint has shrunk. Considerably.
You will no longer find me on Facebook. You won't find me on Twitter, X, or whatever the hell it calls itself now (let's call it TwoXic). You'll not find me on writing forums. And TikTok - seriously? 

But you will find me here on Blogger and the website hosted by WordPress. Instagram might get more use for those snapshotty moments, and you could also see me soon on Substack. But everything has a purpose. As it gives me more time to write and spread the word. And that's all any writer can ask for.